Empowering a Secure Digital Future: Cyber Security Awareness Month 2023
Message from Mr.Vijayakumar KM, President, Cyber Society of India.
Greetings from Cyber Society of India!
This October, the world is celebrating Cyber Security Awareness Month. The objective of celebrating this month is to raise further awareness about the importance of cyber security and ensure that all individuals and organizations have the information they need to be safer and more secure while online.
“SecureOurWorld” “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.”
This evergreen theme encourages individuals to own their role in protecting their part of cyberspace, stressing personal accountability and the importance of taking proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity.
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) is designated as the National agency under Section 70(B) of the Information Technology Act 2000 (Amendment 2008) to perform various activities in the area of Cyber security.
As part of services of CERT-In, for creation of awareness in the area of cyber security as well as training/ upgrading the technical know-how of various stakeholders, CERT-In is observing Cyber Security Awareness Month during October 2023 (#NCSAM2023) with the theme “Secure Our World” by organizing various events and activities for citizens as well as the technical cyber community in India.
Government of India, MeitY is celebrating “NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY AWARENESS MONTH (NCSAM)” with the theme “Secure Our World ” during the month October 2023. As part of services of CERT-In, for creation of awareness in the area of cyber security as well as training / upgrading the technical knowhow of various stakeholders, Cert-In is observing National Cyber Security Awareness Month during October 2023 by organizing various events and activities for citizens as well as the technical cyber community on India.
We’d request that CYSI life members play a vital role to be part of the National cyber awareness initiative by GOI in imparting cyber security awareness to the society and their friends, family members.
For Safety and Security Tips, please visit the following links:
- CERT-In Website: https://www.cert-in.org.in/s2cMainServlet?pageid=Pre_Sec_Tips1
- Cyber Swachhta Kendra (CSK) website: https://www.csk.gov.in/announcements/index.html
- CERT-In ‘s Cyber Security Awareness Booklet for Digital Nagriks and Digital Enterprises: https://www.cert-in.org.in/PDF/CSA_Booklet.pdf
- Also, CERT-In is observing “Cyber Jaagrookta Diwas” to create awareness and sensitise Internet users on safeguarding against Cyber frauds and Crimes
- #DigitalIndia #NCSAM2023 #CyberSecurityAwareness #IndianCERT #CSK #SecureOurWorld
- Also refer CySI YouTube Channel for Cyber Awareness programme related videos: https://www.youtube.com/@CyberSocietyofIndia
- Security Guidelines:
- Password and Wi-Fi Security:
- Password- https://youtu.be/kiBB0m_MY-Q
- Wi-Fi Security- https://youtu.be/YYeVaxgsxEQ
- General Online Safety:
- Email Security- https://youtu.be/KNIY4nhpxmU
- Internet Security- https://youtu.be/qKoviCq7LRk
- Social Engineering Safety- https://youtu.be/sKiLNJIADaw
- Securing Online Payments:
- Internet Banking- https://youtu.be/A4PzFkhDQog
- Mobile Banking- https://youtu.be/bcZb5baxXqQ
- Credit Cards-Debit Cards Frauds- https://youtu.be/I-xjZkDVtU0
- Mobile Security:
- Malware Attacks- https://youtu.be/DTHfPVN5AAQ
- SMShing- https://youtu.be/tMSrVpLPVlM
- Securing Your Personal Data:
- Malware- https://youtu.be/aLcOk-n8W-I
- Phishing- https://youtu.be/daV3thmt6Gg
- Digital footprints- https://youtu.be/Qp9A9B-orRA